Conflict is inevitable in relationships. Couples in healthy relationships do not try to avoid conflict, they navigate conflict in productive and healthy ways instead. Listen to today’s show to learn what to do when you or your partner are triggered, and how to navigate these situations in the best way possible.
In this episode with Wendi Dumbroff, we discuss relationship advice topics that include:
- The vulnerability cycle that can occur when one partner is triggered and how this can create a negative spiral of conflict
- How to become aware of the cycles of fights you may be having in your relationship and navigate these conflicts better
- The importance of understanding the why’s of you and your partner’s triggers
- Understanding that we can’t help what we feel, but we can help what we do with those feelings
- Tools to listen and validate your partner’s feelings and examine your own
- How wounds from our family of origin affect how we show up in our relationships
- And much more!
Wendi Dumbroff is a Licensed Professional Counselor in private practice where she specializes in individual, family, couples, and sex therapy. She is a highly trained couple and sex therapist who provides a safe, non-judgmental, and sex-positive environment. In addition, Dumbroff is a certified teacher of mindfulness and meditation and brings these tools into her practice. As she explains, “Mindfulness helps people create a pause. It allows one to step back and say, ‘what are my thoughts and what are my feelings’ – it creates a space for people to make different choices, among many other benefits.”
Sign up for our 14 Day Happy Couples Challenge here: 14 Day Happy Couples Challenge
Do you want to hear more on this topic? Continue the conversation on our Facebook Group here: Love Tribe
Like A Kitten curates adult subscription boxes created to inspire and influence female sexual wellness. Like A Kitten is offering our listeners 15% off AND free shipping when you go to LikeAKitten.com/ido OR enter code IDO at checkout.
If you love this episode (and our podcast!), would you mind giving us a review in iTunes? It would mean the world to us and we promise it only takes a minute. Many thanks in advance! – Chase & Sarah