Conflict in relationships is inevitable. Our goal should not be to avoid conflict, but to navigate it in a healthy and respectable manner. Listen to today’s show for a detailed overview about understanding conflict and how to navigate it better in your relationships.
In this episode with Marlene Chism, we discuss relationship advice topics that include:
- How to recognize conflict in your relationship
- The importance of understanding your narrative around conflict in your relationship
- How to communicate in the most productive way during conflict
- The key understanding that our stories are the sources of our own suffering
- Important questions to ask yourself and your partner before, during and after conflict
- How to listen better during conflict and why listening is so important
- And much more!
Marlene Chism works with leaders to build drama-free cultures that drive growth and reduce costly mistakes. Marlene is known for helping managers address “the elephant in the room” and initiate conversations that get results. Marlene is a recognized expert on the LinkedIn learning platform, producing five educational video series on topics that include anger management, working with high conflict people, and having difficult conversations.
She has a degree in Communications, a master’s in Human Resources Development, and she’s an advanced practitioner in Narrative coaching. Her most recent book, From Conflict to Courage was nominated for an international award in the category of Learning Impact by getAbstract.
Sign up for our 14 Day Happy Couples Challenge here: 14 Day Happy Couples Challenge
Do you want to hear more on this topic? Continue the conversation on our Facebook Group here: Love Tribe
Dipsea is an audio app full of short, sexy stories and guided sessions that are designed to turn you on and help you get in touch with yourself. Get a 30 day free trial when you go to DipseaStories.com/IDO.
If you love this episode (and our podcast!), would you mind giving us a review in iTunes? It would mean the world to us and we promise it only takes a minute. Many thanks in advance! – Chase & Sarah