Divorced parents face many challenges when it comes to raising their kids as co-parents. Listen to today’s show to learn how to cooperate with your ex to help raise your kids the best way possible —all while maintaining your sanity and civility with your former partner.
In this episode with Kristen Scarlett, we discuss relationship advice topics that include:
- The importance of always putting your children first and providing consistency in both households
- Understanding that new partners do not replace either parent
- How to navigate the holidays as co-parents
- The importance of planning new traditions for your kids
- Letting go of attachments to ideas you may have around the holidays
- And much more!
Kristen Scarlett is the co-founder of Octave, a mental health startup in NYC. She launched the mental health services at Overlook Cancer Center and One Medical before opening Octave’s doors in October 2018. She’s a CBT therapist and teaches CBT at NYU Medical School.
Sign up for our 14 Day Happy Couples Challenge here: 14 Day Happy Couples Challenge
Join our 5 Day Couples Appreciation Challenge here: idopodcast.com/appreciation
Do you want to hear more on this topic? Continue the conversation on our Facebook Group here: Love Tribe
Help Support The Show! Donate Here.
If you love this episode (and our podcast!), would you mind giving us a review in iTunes? It would mean the world to us and we promise it only takes a minute. Many thanks in advance! – Chase & Sarah