When our nervous system is activated it’s hard to make good decisions, show up how we want to be in relationships and generally keep ourselves together! Listen to today’s show for a step-by-step process to regulate your nervous system and go from chaos to calm.
In this episode with Julie Potiker we discuss relationship advice topics that include:
- How to find your soothing touch spot to begin calming yourself down
- Understanding and releasing the shame of losing yourself and acting out in the past
- How to deactivate yourself in a moment of conflict
- Using free association to rewire your thinking and bring more joy to your life
- Understanding the feelings below your emotions and how to do it
- Detailed visualizations that will help you deal with anxiety, anger and other difficult emotions
- And much more!
Julie Potiker is a mindfulness expert with extensive certifications and teacher training in a variety of tools and methods, including Mindful Self-Compassion. Her new book is “SNAP! From Chaos to Calm.” Through her Mindful Methods for Life program offerings, Julie helps others bring more peace and wellness into their lives. Julie’s first book, “Life Falls Apart, but You Don’t Have To: Mindful Methods for Staying Calm in the Midst of Chaos,” is now available on audiobook. Learn more at MindfulMethodsForLife.com.