In this episode with Edy Nathan we discuss relationship advice topics that include:
- What to do if you feel imprisoned by your sexual trauma
- Understanding the loss of the self that occurs from trauma
- Strategies to move through sexual trauma
- How to build trust and learn to love yourself and others again
- Healing the conversation between your mind and body
- Working through feelings of self loathing
- And much more!
Edy Nathan MA, LCSWR is an author, public speaker and licensed therapist. She is an AASECT certified sex therapist, hypnotherapist and certified EMDR practitioner with more than 20 years of experience. Edy earned degrees from New York University and Fordham University, with post-graduate training at the Ackerman Institute for Family Therapy. She practices in New York City. An essential element in her practice is to offer clients the chance to combine psychotherapy with a deeper, more spiritual understanding of the self. She is dedicated to helping people understand their grief, cope with the fear and struggle that holds them back, and learn to live fully.
BetterHelp is an online therapy platform that will assess your needs and match you with your own licensed professional therapist. Start living a happier life today and get 10% off your first month by visiting BetterHelp.com/IDO.
If you love this episode (and our podcast!), would you mind giving us a review in iTunes? It would mean the world to us and we promise it only takes a minute. Many thanks in advance! – Chase & Sarah