Sometimes it feels like we live in the most narcissistic time in history. Selfies are a ‘thing’, social media encourages us to always share how great we are and reality TV thrives off of self promotion. What do you do when narcissistic traits appear in you or your partner? There’s hope on the way and it’s in the form of this podcast! Listen and learn how to deal with narcissistic habits in your partner or yourself.
In this episode we discuss relationship advice topics that include:
- Communicating with a partner who exhibits narcissistic traits.
- Understanding the degrees of narcissistic habits and how to deal with various levels.
- The value of having “yes” conversations instead of “but” conversations. This tip is a great tool for EVERY kind of relationship.
- Examining where narcissistic traits come from and ways to manage them.
- How narcissistic habits can reveal themselves as a listening disorder.
- And much more!
Dr. Susan Heitler is a Denver clinical psychologist, author of five books plus a popular blog on Psychology Today that has had over 16 million reads.
Sign up for our 14 Day Happy Couples Challenge here: 14 Day Happy Couples Challenge
Join our 5 Day Couples Appreciation Challenge here: idopodcast.com/appreciation
Do you want to hear more on this topic? Continue the conversation on our Facebook Group here: Love Tribe
Spark My Relationship Course: Get access to our special offer for I Do Podcast listeners only by visiting: SparkMyRelationship.com/Unlock
Songfinch: Songfinch brings your stories, feelings and memories to life through one-of-a-kind songs from scratch. Using your unique stories along with your desired genre, vocalist gender and song moods, they curate the perfect professional songwriter to handcraft the most personal gift you can give.
Visit Songfinch.com and enter the promo code IDO to get 10% off!
If you love this episode (and our podcast!), would you mind giving us a review in iTunes? It would mean the world to us and we promise it only takes a minute. Many thanks in advance! – Chase & Sarah