The path to creating a great relationship is not about creating a perfect relationship. Perfect relationships don’t exist. However, resilient relationships are attainable and perfectly imperfect! Listen to today’s show to learn some great practices for a resilient relationship.
In this episode with Dr. Karen Skerrett, we discuss relationship advice topics that include:
- What exactly a resilient relationship looks like
- The value of perspective when dealing with relationship conflict
- The importance of noticing and paying attention to our partner
- Cultivating an attitude of curiosity and how it will improve your relationship
- The importance of anticipating challenges and using them as opportunities for growth with your partner.
- And much more!
Karen Skerrett, Ph.D., is a clinical psychologist and registered nurse with over 40 years of experience as a clinician, academic, and author who specializes in strength-based approaches to healing and change across the lifecycle. She is the author of Growing Married, co-author of Positive Couple Therapy, co-editor of Couple Resilience, and author of the memoir Tell Me Again How I Know You?
Sign up for our 14 Day Happy Couples Challenge here: 14 Day Happy Couples Challenge
Do you want to hear more on this topic? Continue the conversation on our Facebook Group here: Love Tribe
BetterHelp is an online therapy platform that will assess your needs and match you with your own licensed professional therapist. Start living a happier life today and get 10% off your first month by visiting BetterHelp.com/IDO.
If you love this episode (and our podcast!), would you mind giving us a review in iTunes? It would mean the world to us and we promise it only takes a minute. Many thanks in advance! – Chase & Sarah