Why are relationships so damn hard!? Simply put: We weren’t born with all of the tools to live, love and create a life with another human. It takes practice and hard work! Like any good tool box, the more variety of solid tools you have, the better you’ll be able to repair things (your relationship). Listen to this episode’s value bomb of a show to learn key tools to start applying to your relationship today.
- Learn the importance of making your partner feel understood
- Why we should not try to fix our partners problems and instead just listen and show empathy
- The critical ability to be accountable and show genuine remorse when you make a mistake
- Understanding the perspective of your partner to create compromises
- Communicating with positive statements to empower your partner
- And much more!
Dr. Erin Leonard has been a practicing psychotherapist for over 20 years. She is a writer for Psychology Today, award winning author of 3 books, TV contributor, and mom.
Sign up for our 14 Day Happy Couples Challenge here: 14 Day Happy Couples Challenge
Do you want to hear more on this topic? Continue the conversation on our Facebook Group here: Love Tribe
J.J. Virgin’s 7-Day Stop, Drop & Swap Challenge: The 7-Day Challenge is designed to help you stop classic symptoms of food intolerance and drop up to 7 pounds in 7 days by swapping out 7 problem foods for healthy, tasty alternatives. Join here!
Spark My Relationship Course: Get access to our special offer for I Do Podcast listeners only by visiting: SparkMyRelationship.com/Unlock
Loving Well: The Key to Satisfying and Joyful Relationships
If you love this episode (and our podcast!), would you mind giving us a review in iTunes? It would mean the world to us and we promise it only takes a minute. Many thanks in advance! – Chase & Sarah