Many of us learn unhealthy relationship patterns and have trouble understanding and breaking them. What if we could teach our children to not create these patterns and learn how to break them for ourselves through a children’s book? Listen to today’s show to hear how a licensed therapist has written a children’s book to help adults and children heal.
In this episode with Daniel McMillan we discuss relationship advice topics that include:
- Understanding the pursue, withdraw, relationship pattern and why it does not serve us
- How to navigate the fear of disconnection when your partner withdraws
- How to communicate when you’re anxious and you feel you want to pursue your partner
- Navigating our fear of abandonment by yourself and with your partner
- How to teach your kids about unhealthy relationship patterns
- Understanding that it’s OK to not be able to solve all of your problems
- And much more!
Daniel McMillan is a registered psychologist and couple’s therapist. He is the founder and director of Assured Psychology, a psychology firm based out of Calgary, Alberta. Daniel focuses his work on emotions, relationships, trauma, and mental wellbeing. Recently Daniel has written and released the children’s book: Badger and Turtle: Face the Storm which aims at teaching parents, families and anyone else willing to read it about an unhelpful pattern that commonly emerges in most relationships. Daniel is the father of two children and lives outside of Calgary in Cochrane, Alberta, Canada.
Athena Club is your one stop shop to fulfilling all of your shaving needs. Get started with Athena Club today by shopping in-store at Target nationwide.
If you love this episode (and our podcast!), would you mind giving us a review in iTunes? It would mean the world to us and we promise it only takes a minute. Many thanks in advance! – Chase & Sarah