Models for how to behave and what not to do in a relationship can be a valuable tool for growth. Listen to today’s show to understand what strong couples don’t do in order to create a healthy, happy relationship.
In this episode with Amy Morin we discuss relationship advice topics that include:
- The danger in assigning meaning to your partner’s behavior and making assumptions
- Why you shouldn’t keep secrets from your partner and understanding that privacy is different from secrecy
- The importance of setting boundaries in your relationship and how to set healthy ones
- What to do if your partner uses emotions as weapons for manipulation
- How to compromise better in your relationship
- Cultivating mental strength and navigating relational challenges better
- And much more!
In her early psychotherapy career, Amy Morin explored resilient individuals after personal setbacks. She paralleled mental fortitude to physical strength, revealing the power of positive routines (akin to gym workouts) versus the impact of one negative habit (like overindulging). Analyzing clients, she pinpointed common behaviors hindering growth. Shedding these habits transformed her life. Amy aims to help others discard such habits, preserving their vital mental strength for realizing potential.
BetterHelp is an online therapy platform that will assess your needs and match you with your own licensed professional therapist. Start living a happier life today and get 10% off your first month by visiting BetterHelp.com/IDO.
If you love this episode (and our podcast!), would you mind giving us a review in iTunes? It would mean the world to us and we promise it only takes a minute. Many thanks in advance! – Chase & Sarah