Just be yourself. Easier said than done in this mixed up and sometimes crazy world. Gender roles, stereotypes, expectations and culture all shape how we see ourselves. The search for your authentic self can help improve your relationship in ways you never thought imaginable. Listen to today’s episode and learn!
In this episode we discuss relationship advice topics that include:
- Understanding how gender roles and stereotypes can shape how we perceive ourselves and negatively affect relationships.
- Tools to explore ‘inner space’ and work toward the most authentic version of yourself.
- Pushing yourself to go outside your comfort zones to explore your identity.
- How to talk to your partner about authenticity in each other and the relationship.
- Asking yourself, “what parts of myself am I too shy to share?”, and how this exercise can lead to relationship breakthroughs.
- How the LGBT community is leading the way in authenticity and acceptance and what heterosexual’s can learn from them.
- And much more!
Ken Page, LCSW, is a renowned psychotherapist, popular Psychology Today blogger, and author of the bestseller Deeper Dating: How to Drop the Games of Seduction and Discover the Power of Intimacy. He’s also the host of the new Deeper Dating Podcast. He has been featured in O, The Oprah Magazine, The New York Times, Cosmopolitan, Fox News, WPIX-TV News, Match.com, ChristianMingle, JDate and more. Page has led hundreds of workshops on intimacy and spirituality for thousands of participants. His work has been highly acclaimed by numerous top thought leaders, including Harville Hendrix and Helen LaKelly Hunt, Arielle Ford, Edward Hallowell, MD, Chip Conley, Judith Orloff, MD. and Katherine Woodward Thomas
Sign up for our 14 Day Happy Couples Challenge here: 14 Day Happy Couples Challenge
Join our 5 Day Couples Appreciation Challenge here: idopodcast.com/appreciation
Do you want to hear more on this topic? Continue the conversation on our Facebook Group here: Love Tribe
J.J. Virgin’s 7-Day Stop, Drop & Swap Challenge: The 7-Day Challenge is designed to help you stop classic symptoms of food intolerance and drop up to 7 pounds in 7 days by swapping out 7 problem foods for healthy, tasty alternatives. Join here!
Spark My Relationship Course: Get access to our special offer for I Do Podcast listeners only by visiting: SparkMyRelationship.com/Unlock
If you love this episode (and our podcast!), would you mind giving us a review in iTunes? It would mean the world to us and we promise it only takes a minute. Many thanks in advance! – Chase & Sarah