When your husband is a divorce lawyer, and you’re a family therapist, you learn a lot about relationship dynamics. Julie and David Bulitt share the knowledge they’ve learned through their personal and professional lives in order to help us create better relationships. Listen to today’s show to learn the five core conversations couples can discuss in order to improve their relationship today!
In this episode, we discuss relationship advice topics that include:
- The importance of remembering why you connected with your partner in the first place
- How to handle conflicts around money and downsizing during tough financial times
- What Julie and David have learned about themselves as a couple parenting 4 daughters
- How we can take comfort in the struggles of other couples
- Why sex is one of the primary complaints they hear from couples in their professional lives
- The importance of making time for ourselves in a relationship
- And much more!
A licensed clinical social worker, Julie Bulitt has spent more than 25 years working with individuals, couples and families. Her private practice focuses on family, couples and individual therapy, she also serves as in house therapist at The Discovery Channel in Silver Spring Maryland.
David Bulitt is a partner in the Washington DC Metro law firm of Joseph, Greenwald & Laake, PA. For more than a decade, he has been chosen as one of the Washington area’s top divorce lawyers by multiple publications. He has particular interest in families with special needs children as a result of personal experiences in his own family.
David and Julie have been married for 34 years. They have four daughters, two of whom are biological and two adopted, and three grandchildren.
Podcast Series: Love Under Quarantine
Sign up for our 14 Day Happy Couples Challenge here: 14 Day Happy Couples Challenge
Join our 5 Day Couples Appreciation Challenge here: idopodcast.com/appreciation
Do you want to hear more on this topic? Continue the conversation on our Facebook Group here: Love Tribe
If you love this episode (and our podcast!), would you mind giving us a review in iTunes? It would mean the world to us and we promise it only takes a minute. Many thanks in advance! – Chase & Sarah