Gal Szekely is the founder of The Couples Center, a rapidly growing hub for relationship counseling and education in San Francisco area. He is an adjunct faculty at CIIS and JFK universities where he teaches couples counseling and an instructor in the Hakomi experiential therapy method. His work is especially effective since it integrates mindfulness and the wisdom of the body-mind connection. Gal and his wife, Liron, lead popular weekend premarital workshop for couples called Love Made Simple.
In this episode we discuss relationship advice topics that include:
- Why commitment is the baseline and foundation of a relationship.
- How intimacy can be created simply by putting your hand on your partners back and why this is so important.
- Why individuality is an important component of a successful relationship.
- How to create a win-win resolution to your relationship conflicts.
- Actionable tips to create more passion in your relationship.
- How to manage life together and work like a team.
- Why growing together and becoming better people is so valuable to a relationship.
- And much more!
14 Day Happy Couples Challenge starts next Wednesday, July 26th! Sign up at idopodcast.com.
Talkspace: The online therapy company that believes that therapy should be affordable, confidential and convenient.
Join over 500,000 people who have used Talkspace for online therapy with their licensed therapist. Get $30 off your first month when you visit Talkspace.com/IDO.
Audible: Use the link below, and sign up for a free 30-day trial and one free audiobook download! You will have to enter your CC information, but you can just cancel the trial at the end of the month if you don’t like it and not pay a dime. There are a ton of great relationship audiobooks on Audible.com. Consider downloading The 5 Love Languages for your free download. Audibletrial.com/idopodcast
If you love the show, please subscribe in iTunes and leave a review! It really helps, and allows us to keep bringing you these episodes each week! – Chase & Sarah
Gal’s Daily Tool
Show affection and care on a daily basis.
Relationship Advice Resource
Questionnaire: 7 Dimensions of Successful Relationships
Advice for Newlyweds
Learn about yourself and about your relationship.
Advice for Single Listeners
Learn about what you’re looking for in your relationship.
If you enjoyed the show, please subscribe and leave a review in iTunes!