Judgement permeates our lives and we typically don’t realize its large day-to-day impact. Listen to today’s show to understand how judgement shapes our interactions with others, and how this understanding can improve our relationships.
In this episode, we discuss relationship advice topics that include:
- How judgement shapes our lives and the interchanges we have with the people in our lives
- Judgements’ role in our romantic relationships and the importance of fully understanding how we judge
- Why the closer we are to someone, the more we judge them
- How to communicate with your partner without negative judgements
- Why praise is a judgement that can sometimes be a negative remark for your partner
- How to praise your partner in the most productive ways
- And much more!
Terri Apter is a psychologist and writer and Fellow Emerita at the University of Cambridge. Her work explores the secret worlds of family dynamics. She has authored many books including The Confident Child, which was awarded the Delta Kappa Gamma International Educator’s Prize and Altered Loves, which was a New York Times Notable Book of the Year. Her most recent book, Passing Judgment: praise and blame in everyday life, highlights how daily exposure to praise and blame impacts on our relationships, from social media to marriage.
Podcast Series: Love Under Quarantine
Sign up for our 14 Day Happy Couples Challenge here: 14 Day Happy Couples Challenge
Join our 5 Day Couples Appreciation Challenge here: idopodcast.com/appreciation
Do you want to hear more on this topic? Continue the conversation on our Facebook Group here: Love Tribe
Help Support The Show! Donate Here.