You know that thing your partner does that just annoys the hell out of you!? Chewing too loud, eating your leftovers, leaving the kitchen a mess, making the ‘ahh’ noise after taking a sip of water. You know what we’re talking about. Well, you don’t have to let those behaviors annoy you so much. Listen to today’s show to learn how to deal with your partner’s annoying habits.
- Learn the important difference between annoying behaviors and toxic relationship behaviors
- The importance of assuming good intentions from your partner
- Understanding the underlying reasons you are annoyed with your partner’s behavior
- How to have a real conversation with your partner to make progress when it comes to annoying behaviors
- Learning to change yourself before trying to change you partner
- And much more!
Dr. Seth Gillihan is a clinical psychologist, author, blogger and host of the Think Act Be podcast. His therapy practice focuses on mindfulness-based cognitive behavioral therapy for a range of issues, with in-person and video conference appointments available. Seth is the author of The CBT Deck and A Mindful Year, co-written with Dr. Aria Campbell-Danesh.
Sign up for our 14 Day Happy Couples Challenge here: 14 Day Happy Couples Challenge
Join our 5 Day Couples Appreciation Challenge here: idopodcast.com/appreciation
Do you want to hear more on this topic? Continue the conversation on our Facebook Group here: Love Tribe
Spark My Relationship Course: For a limited time, get access to our bonus, Mastering Money Talk In Your Marriage! Visit SparkMyRelationship.com/Unlock for our special offer just for our I Do Podcast listeners!
If you love this episode (and our podcast!), would you mind giving us a review in iTunes? It would mean the world to us and we promise it only takes a minute. Many thanks in advance! – Chase & Sarah