Shame can be an emotion that takes a toll on us personally and in a relationship. Listen to today’s show to learn how to address our shame or the shame our partner has toward themselves.
In this episode, we discuss relationship advice topics that include:
- Understand the important distinction between guilt and shame
- How shame is formed and negatively affects our view of self
- Accepting our vulnerabilities to release shame and improve our lives
- Helping our partner navigate shame
- Communicating with our partner about shame
- And much more!
Dr. Margaret Rutherford has been a psychologist in private practice for over twenty-five years and is the author of Perfectly Hidden Depression: How to Break Free from the Perfectionism That Masks Your Depression which was published in November 2019.
New Podcast Series: Love Under Quarantine
Sign up for our 14 Day Happy Couples Challenge here: 14 Day Happy Couples Challenge
Join our 5 Day Couples Appreciation Challenge here: idopodcast.com/appreciation
Do you want to hear more on this topic? Continue the conversation on our Facebook Group here: Love Tribe
If you love this episode (and our podcast!), would you mind giving us a review in iTunes? It would mean the world to us and we promise it only takes a minute. Many thanks in advance! – Chase & Sarah