- Understanding if you are automatically pulling in a third person to help manage your relationship anxiety
- The negative effects of relying too much on others
- How to sit with your own anxiety before projecting it onto others
- Writing things down to help process your problems
- Becoming curious about how you function when you become anxious
- And much more!
Dr. Kathleen Smith is a licensed therapist and mental health writer who lives in Washington, DC. She is the author of the new book, Everything Isn’t Terrible: Conquer Your Insecurities, Interrupt Your Anxiety, and Finally Calm Down. She is an associate faculty member at the Bowen Center for the Study of the Family and hosts the show Family Matters, a production of the University of the District of Columbia.
Sign up for our 14 Day Happy Couples Challenge here: 14 Day Happy Couples Challenge
Join our 5 Day Couples Appreciation Challenge here: idopodcast.com/appreciation
Do you want to hear more on this topic? Continue the conversation on our Facebook Group here: Love Tribe
Spark My Relationship Course: For a limited time, get access to our bonus, Mastering Money Talk In Your Marriage! Visit SparkMyRelationship.com/Unlock for our special offer just for our I Do Podcast listeners!
If you love this episode (and our podcast!), would you mind giving us a review in iTunes? It would mean the world to us and we promise it only takes a minute. Many thanks in advance! – Chase & Sarah