You’re not alone if the current crisis is causing you to feel stressed and anxious. Anxiety can manifest itself in many ways that prove detrimental to our own personal health, as well as our relationships. The sense of uncertainty, worrying about the future and the general demands of life are all forms of anxiety. Don’t let anxiety bog you down and negatively affect the relationship with yourself and your partner.
In this episode we discuss relationship advice topics that include:
- How anxiety can manifest as reactivity to your partner and how to change this to responsiveness
- Why some anxiety can be good and how to best channel this energy
- Becoming aware of your anxiety and taking steps to manage it
- How to slow things down rather than approaching everything with a sense of urgency
- How anxiety lives in the body and the physiological responses we can create to cope with our anxiety
- And much more!
Dr. Denise Fournier is a mindfulness-based psychotherapist and coach in Miami, FL. Through her practice, Evergreen Therapy, she works with individuals and couples using an approach that blends modern research and Eastern philosophy. In addition to her work with clients, Denise is also an adjunct professor at Nova Southeastern University and a regular contributor to the Psychology Today.
Sign up for our 14 Day Happy Couples Challenge here: 14 Day Happy Couples Challenge
Join our 5 Day Couples Appreciation Challenge here: idopodcast.com/appreciation
Do you want to hear more on this topic? Continue the conversation on our Facebook Group here: Love Tribe
Native creates safe, simple, effective products that people use in the bathroom everyday, including some amazing deodorant! For 20% off your first purchase, visit nativedeodorant.com and use promo code IDO20 during checkout!
Spark My Relationship Course: For a limited time, get access to our bonus, Mastering Money Talk In Your Marriage! Visit SparkMyRelationship.com/Unlock for our special offer just for our I Do Podcast listeners!